Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Legislation to Protect Floridians from the Woke ESG Financial Scam
On Monday, February 13, Governor Ron DeSantis announced comprehensive legislation to protect Floridians from the woke environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) movement that continues to proliferate throughout the financial sector. The Governor was joined by Senate President Kathleen Passidomo and House Speaker Paul Renner.
ESG is a direct threat to the American economy and individual economic freedom. This attempt by the corporate elite to discriminate against those who do not follow a particular ideological agenda will be outlawed in Florida.
“Today’s announcement builds on my commitment to protect consumers’ investments and their ability to access financial services in the Free State of Florida.
“By applying arbitrary ESG financial metrics that serve no one except the companies that created them, elites are circumventing the ballot box to implement a radical ideological agenda.
“Through this legislation, we will protect the investments of Floridians and the ability of Floridians to participate in the economy.”
– Governor Ron DeSantis, February 13, 2023
“Governor DeSantis and Speaker Renner have been leaders on this critical issue and it is wonderful to be with them today to discuss concrete steps the Legislature will take this session to protect the retirement funds of state and local employees by guarding against misguided ESG policies.
“We want our state employees and local employees – including many classrooms teachers and law enforcement who are part of the state retirement system – to have a strong retirement they can count on.
“We are going to make certain that state funds are managed to prioritize the highest return on investment, as our retirees and taxpayers expect.”
– Senate President Kathleen Passidomo, February 13, 2023
“The goal of corporate activism seen in environmental, social, and governance investing (ESG) is to bypass democracy and transform capitalism to serve an ideological agenda.
“We will not allow these martini millionaires to push unsafe and unsound investment practices that silence debate in the political process, weaken investment strategies for Florida retirees, and discriminate against any individual’s beliefs.
“I am proud to stand with Governor DeSantis and Senate President Passidomo to put taxpayers, investors, and Florida retirees first.”
– House Speaker Paul Renner, February 13, 2023
The proposed legislation builds upon actions taken by Governor DeSantis and his fellow trustees of the State Board of Administration to remove any ESG considerations from state investment decisions, ensuring that all investment decisions focus solely on maximizing the highest rate of return.
More on the legislative proposal can be found HERE.
To watch the full press conference, click HERE.
Governor Ron DeSantis Announces Comprehensive Lawsuit Reforms to Protect Floridians from Predatory Billboard Attorneys
On Tuesday, Governor Ron DeSantis was joined by Senate President Kathleen Passidomo and House Speaker Paul Renner to announce the most comprehensive reforms in decades to decrease frivolous lawsuits and prevent predatory practices of trial attorneys that prey on hardworking Floridians, including truckers and small businesses.
These measures include eliminating one-way attorney fees and fee multipliers for all lines of insurance, modernizing Florida’s “bad faith” law, and protecting small businesses from paying exorbitant damages.
“For decades, Florida has been considered a judicial hellhole due to excessive litigation and a legal system that benefitted the lawyers more than people who are injured. We are now working on legal reform that is more in line with the rest of the country and that will bring more businesses and jobs to Florida.”
– Governor Ron DeSantis, February 14, 2023
More information can be found HERE.
Governor Ron DeSantis Introduces Groundbreaking Legislation to Protect the Digital Rights and Privacy of All Floridians
On Wednesday, February 15, Governor Ron DeSantis announced his proposal to protect Floridians’ digital rights and privacy from Big Tech companies by creating a Digital Bill of Rights that focuses on protecting Floridians’ privacy, protecting minors from online harms, and eliminating unfair censorship.
The proposal also bans the use of TikTok and other social media platforms with ties to China from all state government devices, and through internet services at colleges, universities, and public schools, and prohibits state and local government employees from coordinating with Big Tech companies to censor protected speech.
This proposal is for the 2023 Florida Legislative Session that begins in March.
“Our Digital Bill of Rights will ensure Floridians are protected from the overreach and surveillance we have seen from Big Tech companies.
“Today’s proposal builds on our efforts to stop Big Tech censorship and combat the malign influence of China through the removal of nefarious platforms like TikTok from any state supported activity.”
– Governor Ron DeSantis, February 15, 2023
“Big Tech has gone unchecked for too long and has been reckless with our data, causing major concerns about privacy and potentially jeopardizing sensitive state information.
“I’m proud to stand with Governor DeSantis today to give Silicon Valley a reboot and announce an audacious plan to protect Floridians and keep our children safe online.”
– AG Ashley Moody, February 15, 2023
These executive actions and legislative proposals build upon legislation signed by Governor DeSantis in 2021 that required social media companies to be transparent about their content moderation practices, allowed the Attorney General of Florida to bring action against technology companies that violate the law under Florida’s Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and prohibited the de-platforming of Floridian political candidates.
Read the full proposal HERE.
SOCIAL MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- FLORIDA GOP: A few things the Left has gone to bat for… – sexually graphic books for young children instead of age-appropriate material – woke corporations who speak out against parental rights – queer theory at the expense of historical accuracy in coursework. Really makes you think.
- DeSantis: Florida was the first to protect citizens from Big Tech censorship “We provided some provisions of law that said – these tech platforms […] They are not, by their own admission, publishers […] They hide under Section 230.”
- DESANTIS: “A parent will start reading what’s in [the books] and the school board members say, ‘No no, it’s too graphic, you can’t do that at a school board meeting.’ Well, how, if it’s too graphic for a school board meeting with adults, it’s OK to do with a 5th grader!?”
- DESANTIS: “The College Board was the one that, in a black studies course, put “Queer Theory” in. Not us, they did that […] I’m so sick of people not doing what’s right because they’re worried that people are gonna call them names.”
- Gov. DeSantis refutes false media narrative about “book bans”: “Florida law prohibits an adult from giving a school child pornography…that’s been the law for a long time. So understand, they’re talking about long standing Florida law that’s trying to protect young children.”
- GOV. DESANTIS: “We may do an event where we show all this stuff [inappropriate content in school libraries]… not 1 person would say this stuff should be in. [Books about] kids engaging in sex acts, you’re gonna compare that to a biography of Roberto Clemente? Give me a break.”
- Florida is using all tools available to protect our citizens from Biden’s open border policies. I am glad to have signed legislation to continue the program of transporting illegal aliens to sanctuary jurisdictions. I thank the legislature for maintaining this valuable tool.
- The woke Left is using ESG to discriminate against everyday citizens for going against their preferred ideology. But Governor @RonDeSantisFL is sending a message loud and clear: Florida is where woke goes to DIE.
- ESG is a threat to the American economy and the individual freedoms that our country is built upon. It is dead on arrival in Florida.
In The News
REMEMBER: Like @FloridaGOP and retweet and share. The Republican message must be spread around the state, and you are integral to making that happen.