US Senator Marco Rubio Newsletter 09/09/2022
THIS WEEK IN THE OFFICE OF SENATOR MARCO RUBIO
SEPTEMBER 5-9, 2022
Florida Delegation Petitions to Protect Florida Growers
- Senator Rubio and Representative Al Lawson (D-FL) led a bipartisan group of Florida delegation members to petition U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai to initiate a Section 301 investigation of fruit and vegetable imports from Mexico, and to secure trade relief for Florida growers.
Rubio Urges Passage of Bill to Expand Children’s Cancer Therapy Trials
- Senator Rubio wrote an op-ed in The Hill urging Congress to pass his bipartisan Give Kids a Chance Act to expand children’s access to combination cancer therapy trials.
New Reports on the Mar-a-Lago Raid
- Senator Rubio joined Fox & Friends to discuss new reports on the FBI seizing documents from Mar-a-Lago.
Queen Elizabeth Passes Away
- Senator Rubio released a statement acknowledging the loss of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Biden Administration Plans to Use the VA For Abortions
- Senator Rubio released a statement slamming the Biden Administration’s plans to provide abortions at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs facilities and urged the Senate to pass hisProhibiting Abortion on Federal Lands Act to prohibit such plans from happening.
Rubio Joins EVTV Miami
- Senator Rubio joined EVTV Miami to discuss the rise of leftist governments in our region, the Biden Administration’s potential change of U.S. policy towards Venezuela, and more. Watch Part 1 and Part 2 .
- Senator Rubio, Senator Bill Hagerty (R-TN), and members of the Senate and House of Representatives sent a letter to President Joe Biden urging him to address the supply chain shortage of transformers and other necessary electrical resources ahead of the storm season.
- Senator Rubio sent a letter to U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough urging the VA to provide timely and accurate decisions for veterans’ claims and appeals.
- Senator Rubio sent a letter to the Principal Owner of the Tampa Bay Rays, Stuart Sternberg, regarding the potential danger of the Tampa Bay Rays’ donation to Metro Inclusive Health, which provides unsafe “gender-transition” drugs to children.
- Senator Rubio and Senate Republican colleagues introduced legislation to make the federal grant process easier for small local governments.
In the News
“Rubio Leads Bipartisan Push to Probe Mexican Produce ‘Flood’” (Bloomberg , 9/9/2022)
“EXCLUSIVE: Marco Rubio Denounces MLB Team’s Donations To Child Sex Change Surgeries” (The Daily Caller , 9/8/2022)
“Marco Rubio, Republican vice-chair of the Senate intelligence committee, and Michael McCaul, the top Republican on the House foreign affairs committee, said they were alarmed following a media report that Apple would add Yangtze Memory Technologies Co to its list of suppliers for Nand flash memory chips that are used to store data on smartphones.” (US lawmakers warn Apple on using Chinese group’s chips in new iPhone, Financial Times , 9/9/2022)
“On Tuesday, the office of Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) sent out a statement highlighting how the move also violates the Veterans Healthcare Act of 1992 and “represents a change in direction for the White House, which previously said using federal lands to provide abortions would have unspecified ‘dangerous ramifications.'” (Townhall , 9/9/2022)
“Marco Rubio: UN Human Rights Office Bowed to Chinese Communist Party’s Pressure on Uyghur Report” (Florida Daily , 9/6/2022)
“Sen. Rubio skeptical of report on nuclear secrets kept at Mar-a-Lago: Feds ‘strategically leaking information’” (Fox News , 9/7/2022)
“Supporters of the bill, including co-sponsor Sen. Marco Rubio, said that giving children an additional hour of sunlight after school will allow for safer trips home, more time spent outdoors and other health benefits.” (It’s Almost Time to ‘Fall Back.’ When is Daylight Saving Time?, NBC Chicago , 9/7/2022)
“Rubio Calls Out VA Inefficiency After Vets Experience Long Delays” (The Floridian , 9/8/2022)
“‘President Biden’s decision to politicize this temporary emergency program to justify his illegal debt cancellation plan is the type of disinformation he supposedly opposes,’ Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) told The Epoch Times…” (White House’s Offensive Against GOP Critics of Student Debt Cancellation Could Backfire: Analysts, The Epoch Times , 9/5/2022)